Re: Procmail and smail

Mika Fischer wrote:

[snip]

> For me, the following works well.
> But I changed it only a few days ago and it may be incorrect.
> I got it from some kind of procmail-doc (don't remember exactly)
>
> ---snip--- 'local' part of /etc/smail/transports
>         from,
>         local,
>         +inet,
>         -uucp,
>         return_path,
>         unix_from_hack;
>         cmd = "/usr/bin/procmail -d $($user$)",
>         user=root
> ---snip---

Does that work as well if receiving mail by smail via UUCP ?
Would also like to get rid of my users .forward files.

> Anyhow many users here recommend "exim".
> I'd like to know, what makes exim better before I try it,
> because smail works very well.

Somehow I missed the beginning of the hype about exim.
So could someone explain the pros and cons of exim to
both of us ? I haven't experienced any problems with
smail so far, but you never known ...

Michael

--
We are living in a world without walls and fences, now.
So why should one need Windows and Gates, then ?