Procmail and smail

Hi,
I have smail and procmail installed, and I want to get them working
together. I am currently using a .forward file to push my mail through
procmail, but what I'd like is if smail used procmail directly as the
local delivery agent (when I used the SuSE distribution, with sendmail
and procmail, it did this). This would mean that any user with a
.procmailrc would automatically get mail processed via procmail, without
needing the extra .forward file.

I've looked in the smail and procmail documentation, but I can't see
what I need to add to set this up. I guess I need some form of
transports file, but I can't find an example I can work from.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Paul