Re: Experience with IBM Thinkpad 300CSE

>     Does anyone have experience installing Debian (Hamm/Slink) on an IBM
> Thinkpad 300CSE?  My father got me an early xmas present.  486-50(?), 20Mb
> RAM, 350Mb HD.  It has Win95 on it now.  I don't really need X, just curious
> as to how well Linux will like such a beast.

I have installed it on my brothers 360C and it worked. I almost configured X,
XFREE86Config did run but got something "abd" in the modlines that I din't had
timer to check out. And I don't know if he everfixed that.

The 3690 is some kind of 486, with color display. There are several good sites
about IBM thinkpads linked from www.linux.org.

/ Anders