Re: Procmail and smail

On Tue, Oct 27, 1998 at 11:13:48AM -0000, Moore, Paul wrote:

> I have smail and procmail installed, and I want to get them working
> together. I am currently using a .forward file to push my mail through
> procmail, but what I'd like is if smail used procmail directly as the
> local delivery agent (when I used the SuSE distribution, with sendmail
> and procmail, it did this). This would mean that any user with a
> .procmailrc would automatically get mail processed via procmail, without
> needing the extra .forward file.
>
> I've looked in the smail and procmail documentation, but I can't see
> what I need to add to set this up. I guess I need some form of
> transports file, but I can't find an example I can work from.

This document helped me do exactly what you want. Nice step-by-step
instructions that include tests along the way.

Email:
 Send mail to:
    mail-server@rtfm.mit.edu

 Containing the following in the body of the message:
    send usenet/news.answers/mail/filtering-faq

Luck,
Pann
--
                     What's All the Buzz About Linux?