Re: kppp

> I installed kde on my Debian 2.0 and would like to use kppp to connect to
> Internet. After installation and configuration I tried to connect to my
> ptovider, but script expects OK after CONNECT message, but my provider
> doesn't send any OK ater connection (in ppp it would be CONNECT "" "").

Sounds like your chat script is garbled.  Both 'OK' and 'CONNECT' are
messages that chat expects from the modem.

Here is a typical chatscript for use with PAP authentication:

ABORT        BUSY
ABORT        "NO CARRIER"
ABORT        VOICE
ABORT        "NO DIALTONE"
""               ATZ
OK               ATDT5551212
CONNECT      \d\c

This says expect nothing, send ATZ to the modem, expect OK from the modem,
send the dialing command, expect CONNECT, wait a second so that the ISP can
get his act together and start ppp, and exit so that pppd can do the
authentication.

Send me a copy of your chatscript and the output of plog.

--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)