RE: Script help...............

Dunno why you are doing it this way so let me ask.  Why are you not using the
scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-{up,down}??  The IP address of the connection is passed
to the scripts on login.  So you are guaranteed to get a good IP.  If this is
not useful for some reason contact me and I can get your script working.