Re: exim filters and/or procmail

See the exim filter specification at www.exim.org

> Does anyone know how to get procmail working with exim?

no need, exim filter rules are more powerful than procmal.

BTW your mail is probably in smail's input queue. Try running smail -v -q
and see if your mail gets delivered.  Smail is broken in the current
setup if you upgrade from a previous version and keep your config file. It
will end up queueing the mail rather than delivering it.  Running the
following command as root helps:

smail -q5m

This is an example of smail's behavior changing between versions. If you
have an extensive custom config file and do not want it overwritten by the
package maintainer, you get a surprise in every version.  Something
breaks.

> Here is one of my attempted .forward files:
>
> "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #lee"
>
> And here are the results from /var/log/exim/mainlog:
>
> 1998-10-26 23:12:40 0zY0Uq-0000CK-00 <= debian-user-request@lists.debian.org H=freefall [192.168.1.7] P=esmtp S=3410 id="-l7NY.A.JiG.icUN2"@murphy
> 1998-10-26 23:12:40 0zY0Uq-0000CK-00 ** |IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f
- || exit 75 #lee <lee@freefall> D=userforward T=address_pipe:
 "IFS='" command not found for address_pipe transport

Try

| "IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #lee"

instead of putting the quote before the pipe.