Re: lilo (linux -> dos) problem

> Yet I know I can boot dos off of that disk.  I've been
> doing so for years.  Until now I've been switching between
> OS's by going into the bios and selecting a boot sequence
> that boots off of the disk with the OS I want (my bios
> supports a lot of boot sequence options).

DOS/Win9X will not (normally) boot from the second drive. It needs to
boot from the active primary on the master drive (drive C in DOS terms).
When you switch drives in the BIOS, the DOS drive becomes drive C -
that's why that works.

I'm not sure if Lilo can do what you want. If it is, I'm not familiar
with how.

Otherwise, if you're not willing to switch the drives around, one option
I can suggest is to try Bootit Direct as the boot manager. It's
shareware ($15, one month free trial), and is capable of booting
DOS/Win9x from the 2nd drive. It installs in the MBR, is very simple to
set up, and works well with Linux and any other OS I've tried.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/BOOTITD.HTM

Tom