Re: KDE Questions

*-"Cristov Russell" <wolfsong13@home.com>

| I have two questions concerning KDE that I have as yet been unable to find
| an answer in the documentation.
|
| 1 - Is it possible to switch to another window manager while in KDE?  Can
| KDE be started from other window mangers?

Yes and yes. Kill kwm (find its pid and do 'kill -9 <thepid>') and start
the new one. Check out the startkde script. Do everything there except
the last line, and you will have kde with the ability to run another wm.

| 2 - When I start the editor application, it opens 3 times.  The first 2
| times it pops up an error message for a directory I have not loaded a file
| from previously but from a directory I used in bash prior to running KDE the
| first time!?  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Probably. I don't ;-)

--
A mathematician is a machine for converting coffee to theorems
                                        (Erd\H{o}s P&aacute;l)