Re: KDE Questions

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Cristov Russell wrote:

> I have two questions concerning KDE that I have as yet been unable to find
> an answer in the documentation.
>
> 1 - Is it possible to switch to another window manager while in KDE?  Can
> KDE be started from other window mangers?

Don't know sorry.

> 2 - When I start the editor application, it opens 3 times.  The first 2
> times it pops up an error message for a directory I have not loaded a file
> from previously but from a directory I used in bash prior to running KDE the
> first time!?  Does anyone know how to fix this?

The new (now not available) KDE .deb's from slink.

While on this topic, And while I was meaning to write to the list about
this:

  I downloaded KDE from ftp.kde.org for a friends debian box (hamm), and I
noticed some of the version release dates were newer than the ones on my
slink system. Silly me, I did a `dpkg -i kde*.deb` - not realising that
the (now gone.. (dammit)) slink versions started with "2:" I was expecting
dpkg to skip the same version packages. It seems that now, I have a broken
kde setup. The libraries are all the equivalent versions from the hamm
.deb's. Has anyone out there got the slink kde packages, or has the
ex-maintainer got his creations still? Or is there anyway to fix this? I
DO NOT want to go back to the hamm versions, I decided to move to slink
because slink had the fixes for the hamm version of kde...

Sorry for the excessive explanation.. I hate explaining things..

If someone can help, I will be eternally grateful!

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

     WinErr: 003 Dynamic linking error - Your mistake is now in every file