Re: mount NFS during boot problem

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Sergey V Kovalyov wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a wierd problem: during boot process mount fails with the following
> message:
>
> Starting portmapper... Mounting remote filesystems...
> mount: RPC: Program not registered

I saw this once when rpc.mountd and/or rpc.nfsd on the server machine was
not up (i.e. on the other computer). So, maybe it is really the missing
local portmapper. Find out where it gets started, and take a look at the
logs of the other computer, if your machine tries to connect or not.

Gruss
--
Lukas Eppler (godot)
                                                  http://www.fear.ch