gnome 0.3 problems

Well, I don't know what's going on. I worked out all the dependancies,
installed the packages, everything looked hunky-dory, but when I type "panel",
I get this:

Message: Initializing CORBA for panel

/convert: No such file or directory
/convert: No such file or directory
/anytopnm: No such file or directory
gdk_imlib ERROR: Cannot load image:
/usr/share/pixmaps/tiles/tile-normal-up.png
All fallbacks failed.

then it repeats itself for a while and yields:

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkObject'

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkObject'
Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigsegv caught

hints, anyone?

--

Andrew Tarr
"We were so close to heaven --- Peter came out and gave us badges,