RE: Waiting for scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d
- To: "'Debian Users'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: Waiting for scripts in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d
- From: "Moore, Paul" <Paul.Moore@uk.origin-it.com>
- Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 10:55:33 +0100
- Message-id: <c=UK%a=_%p=Origin-it%l=UKRUX002-981023095533Zfirstname.lastname@example.org>
To all who replied so helpfully, thanks. I now have a working setup.
Basically, the simplest solution for me is to add the "idle" option to
my ppp options, to hangup the line when there is no more activity.
A number of people suggested diald - it certainly looks good, and I may
well look into it again at a later date, but for now it seems like
overkill for my (very simple) needs.
Thanks once again for all the help. I'm really impressed with Debian
(both the system and the community) - everything seems so well thought
out and effective.