Re: Printer stops after half of page

M.C. Vernon wrote:

> > my printer ( hp deskjet 500, debian hamm ) stops after a few lines and
> > stays busy forever. I tried dvi and ps via magicfilter. Half of the
> > page comes out, then the printer stops, busy light on, and nothing
> > happens. lpq says no jobs. Does anyone know the problem ( and solution )?
>
> If the busy light is on, perhaps it's `thinking' about the second half -
> i.e. the computer has sent it to the printer, which does stuff to it
> before printing. Have you tried slink magicfilter?

I had the same problem with a HP Deskjet 400L.
i made the printcap filter through magicfilter using HP DJ 500.
It worked but the printer locked up at about 2/3rd of the page, with
busy light flashing.
I looked over various man pages, 'ause I thought that there was page
feed missing.
I found in /etc/lpd.conf that page feed was commented (ff setting), I
uncommented it and now it works fine! :-)
Hope that this solution may be useful...

Lorenzo Pulici - email: webmaster at weitzmann.it
http://www.weitzmann.it
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Field/9892/ - Milanohockey website