Configure PCMCIA *FIRST* (Was Re: Base2_0.tgz missing man command.)

Gosh I wish I had this when I started! Now, as I installed on a laptop and
configured from default menu choice "Configure Device Driver Modules" first,
and configured PCMCIA second, which might explain why my serial ports don't
initialize (boy am I getting an education) I am thinking re-install?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim