Re: ftp1.us.debian.org and FTP mirrors

On Thu, Oct 22, 1998 at 03:03:53AM +0200, Frock wrote:
> I'm submitting this as a bug in hope that we might want apt to use a
> random ftp-site carrying debian when installing - instead of everyone
> using the same host (ftp1.us.debian.org)

Since it's a conffile, is it unreasonable to expect people to CONFigure
it appropriately? Perhaps we could supply it with no site selected.
I always use mirror.aarnet.edu.au here in Australia, because from all
the locations I use the transfer speed is excellent. ftp1.us.debian.org
would not be at all enjoyable from here.

Hamish