Re: Help me setup dynamic DNS server address.

Umm, that should be "> Lee Bradshaw writes:"

> > They probably don't really _change_ the nameserver addresses
> > dynamically. So add these servers to your /etc/resolv.conf file and
> > things should work.
>
> Yes, but I would still like to support this 'dynamic' assignment of
> nameservers transparently.  I could call nslookup from pppconfig, but that
> seems like a kludge and will lead to mysterious failures if the ISP ever
> does change nameservers.  I have neither Win95 nor an isp who uses 'dynamic
> DNS'.  Does anyone out there know how it works?
> --
> John Hasler                This posting is in the public domain.
> john@dhh.gt.org		   Do with it what you will.
> Dancing Horse Hill         Make money from it if you can; I don't mind.
> Elmwood, Wisconsin         Do not send email advertisements to this address.

I think the ppp documentation says something about win95 support for
getting the nameserver at ppp initialization. It also says this will
probably never be supported with linux.

Can you run bind/named and bypass the isp altogether?

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com