Re: Help me setup dynamic DNS server address.

On Sun, Oct 18, 1998 at 06:11:25PM +0200, Noam Gordon wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am a Linux newbie. I have installed Debian 2.0 successfully. I would like
> to set up ISDN dial-up to my ISP.
> My ISP asigns me an IP address AS WELL AS DNS server address , dynamically
> (In my win95 setup, I didn't need to input any info at all). I read in the
> Linux tutorial that while setting up IP address dynamically at connect time
> is indeed possible, Linux doesn't support dynamically asigned DNS server
> addresses. Really?
>
> If so, how can I work around this?
>
> If it IS possible, then simply, How?
>
> thx for any info/advice,
>
> NoamGordon
> ngordon@isdn.net.il

freefall ~ $ nslookup
Default Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

> set type=ns
> isdn.net.il
Server:  localhost
Address:  127.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
isdn.net.il     nameserver = p2.isdn.net.il
isdn.net.il     nameserver = p1.isdn.net.il

p2.isdn.net.il  internet address = 192.115.104.72
p1.isdn.net.il  internet address = 192.115.104.11

They probably don't really _change_ the nameserver addresses
dynamically. So add these servers to your /etc/resolv.conf file
and things should work.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com