Re: permission denied in root.

Hi!

Brent McMillan (bamcmill@picard.math.uwaterloo.ca):
> 	I'm trying to get the wordPerfect demo up and running, but when I
> try to run the setup executable (./Runme) I get a permission denied.  the
> file is executable, I own it, I own the directory, I tried as root and
> non-root alike.  The directory is not mounted on my main partition (if
> that has anything to do with it.  No executable files will run in this
> directory.  What's going on?

Uhhm, "./Runme" is on a cd? You have a line in your fstab for your cdrom
with option "user"? This means you mounted the disc noexec - your not
allowed to run anything from it.

try mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom -tiso9660 -oro as root

Rainer

--
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB  78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB