Re: [Dual boot] dual boot NT and debian?

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, Nikolai Andreyevich Luzan wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Mrpeabody wrote:
>
> > I currently have debian running on a ide drive on my computer and I have
> > recently purchases a scsi drive so that I can boot windows from the
> > scsi.  Can I use lilo to tell it to boot the scsi drive up and run
> > windows?  Trying to make a dual boot machine.
>
> I only know two people running dual boot NT/linux (actually tri-boot
> NT/95/linux) and they inform me that lilo won't boot NT or NT need the
> mbr or something and so they have to use the NT bootloader and loadlin
> to get linux bootstraped.

I also dual-boot to NT/Debian on the same hard drive and LILO seems to get
the job done.  Although I installed Debian first then NT.  Just make sure
you have the emergency and root disks handy in case something goes wrong.

     Admiral Charah
 Technical Support Group
  Cyberspace Laoag, ISP