compiling 2.0.35 kernel for Hamm?

It seems I need to upgrade the 2.0.34 kernel I have for Hamm with
a 2.0.35 kernel which has better support for the dawicontrol SCSI
controller I've now got which uses an ncr53c875 chip.  At the
moment the system seems to hang from time to time and one
occasion showed a scsi abort on a timeout so I think something in
the ncr53c8xxx module is the problem.  So how do I install 2.0.35?

I have the kernel package installed and have managed to recompile
and install a kernel once before so I think I can do that, what I don't
know at the moment is how I'd get the 2.0.35 kernel and put it in a
place where the kernel package would be able to use it for the
recompile.  As far as I can see Hamm only has 2.0.33 and 2.0.34.
All advice gratefully received.

TIA

Chris

Chris Evans, R&D Consultant,