Re: kernel compiling

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

 : Dear all,
 :
 : 	I've been reading Manoj's instructions for kernel configurations,
 : and it says that your kernel source shouldn't be in /usr/src/linux....
 :
 : where does the kernel-source package put it (and are there some
 : step-by-step instructions, or do I use the "for the impatient" ones in the
 : kernel-package readme?

kernel-source puts the source in "/usr/src/kernel-source-`uname -r`"

/usr/doc/kernel-package/README.gz has instructions for the impatient and
extremely detailed instructions as well.  The "impatient" version has
always worked fine for me.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD