Re: [Dual boot] dual boot NT and debian?

> On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Mrpeabody wrote:
>
> > I currently have debian running on a ide drive on my computer and I have
> > recently purchases a scsi drive so that I can boot windows from the
> > scsi.  Can I use lilo to tell it to boot the scsi drive up and run
> > windows?  Trying to make a dual boot machine.
>
> I only know two people running dual boot NT/linux (actually tri-boot
> NT/95/linux) and they inform me that lilo won't boot NT or NT need the
> mbr or something and so they have to use the NT bootloader and loadlin
> to get linux bootstraped.
>
> Nikolai

Lilo can be installed in the mbr, if you use a primary partition for
ms-dos. After the Installation of msdos install linux or windows nt.
In this special case, the nt-loader will be installed in the
primary dos-partition. lilo can no be instructed to boot NT via the dos partition.

for example:
10 MB DOS partition (primary partition, with dos-fdisk)
2 GB  extended partition for NT (via NT installation process)
4 GB extended partition for linux  (with linux fdisk, cfdisk etc.)

hda1: msdos
hda5: linux
hda3: nt (nt was installed at last)

some snippets of my lilo-conf