New Install... "pon" not working

Hi,

I Have installed Linux 2.0 from floppy disk to a unit without any non-
linux partitions and have tried both using "pppconfig" and manually
editing the provider files as indicated in "install.txt". FTP is the only
method to my disposal of enhancing my installation.

It would seem the best I can do is with the configuration files I had
after running "pppconfig".

Using "pon" and "plog" I get an "OK" in response to "ATZ", I get a
"CONNECT" in response to the "ATDT1231234". But then a string
of some sort of PPP negotiation talk is sent and after a while I get
a message it has been sent 9 times without a response and I
disconnect.

I have two remote access numbers with valid account ID to my
disposal, both of which will accept a Windows95 connection.

My modem is a 56KFlex AOPEN FM56-RS with the latest firmware
revision.

Any suggestions would be appreciated,
Thanks,

Robert Abbott-Eidt
ADI Group Inc.
1133 Regent St., Suite 300
Fredericton N.B.
E3B 3Z2

ble@adi.ca
Ph. (506) 452-9000
Fax (506) 459-3954
To obtain the direct dial in prefix to a known extension send any message to:
"phonelist@adi.ca"