Re: exim: never stop Mail delivery failed

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Bubulac Angela Tatiana wrote:

> hello,
> I think the problems never stops. This is one of the sense of life.
> Although the message I sent arrive to its destination (in my case a user
> in doamin citon.ro) continuouslyI receive messages like this
> (even from messages that was send yesterday):
> Please tell me what is wrong or what is happen.

Create an alias in the /etc/alias file for root that points to your user
account, for example:

root: tatia

Root mail will then be delivered to a suer account and you will not have
problems will attempting to read anything in /root. I wonder what the real
problem is ... I think it is because exim does not run as root so when it
looks for a .forward or filter file for the root user, it fails to gain
access to that directory.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!