Re: How big is Complete Debian install from LSL?

> I want a distro with everything.
> i have about 3.7 gigs to spare.
>
> the lsl has the official, binary, source, non-free us
> non us non free.
>
> if i install EVERYTHING on these discs, how big will
> everything be?

If you install EVERYTHING, you will be screwed.  There are many packages
in debian that contain equivalent or comparable functionality and
conflict with each other.  Besides this, I'd guess that 3.7 gigs should
be able to hold the biggest debian that can be had consistently.
However, think twice about installing everything.  Chances for problems
and conflicts to turn up grow exponentially with the number of packages
installed.  It is usually much nicer to install just the stuff you need.
Packages can be added and removed as your interests and needs change.
This is a point where debian really shines:  once it is installed it is
very easy to maintain.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032