Is Supra 336i a Winmodem?

I have been trying to get my modem to work in debian, and unfortunately,
unsuccessfully.
I have 486DX4, it's got SupraExpress 336i Sp modem installed in it. My
primary boot right now is Win95, until I can get debian setup. Modem works
perfectly with Windows.
In debian what happens is:
Modem is on COM3, at least this is what Windows tells me.
setserial /dev/ttyS2 gives me output :
UART unknown, IRQ 4, Port 0x03e8

When I run wvdialconf, it tells me that modem was not detected, asks if
it's in use by any other programs, etc.

Any idea why is this not working? How can I check if this is a Winmodem?
Any suggestions, please?
Andrew

*  Andrew Ivanov                                  *
*  email:c680789@showme.missouri.edu              *
*  ICQ: 12402354                                  *