Re: Internet pon help

Chesshome writes:

> I ran "/usr/doc/pppconfig"

I don't think you ran "/usr/doc/pppconfig": that's a directory with readme
files in it.  What you want to run, as root, is just 'pppconfig' and answer
the questions.  No need to give a full path.

> when I tried = to run "pon" it gave me a errer "/usr/sbin/pppd: infile =
> /etc/ppp/peers/provider: unrecognized option '/dev/modem'

That is what is in the distributed provider file.  Sounds like you didn't
run pppconfig at all.  It will ask you tell you what port your modem is on.

Run pppconfig (as root) and answer the questions.  If you have more problems
email me.