RE: Getting at Debian distribution files

> An alternative would be to mount the CD on a Windows 95 or NT box on the
> LAN, and pull the packages off the CD via FTP or NFS, but this would
> require a FTP/NFS server for 95 or NT which will handle translation of
> filenames based on TRANS.TBL files - something which I haven't been able
> to find.
>
> Can anybody suggest a way forward? Or an alternative option I haven't
> thought of?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Moore.

Hi Paul,
I downloaded an ftp server for win95 and downloaded a subset of the
Debian tree to my win95 machine.  Then I pointed dselect to the ftp
server on my winbox, and everything worked fine.

The ftp server pkg is called "War-ftpd" and I downloaded it from
www.tucows.com.

Hope it works for you.

--David