Re: turnkey debian?

On Fri, 9 Oct 1998 13:11:53 -0700 (PDT)
Kenneth Scharf <scharkalvin@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I had this idea of basing a turnkey end user system on debian linux.
> In order to pull this off, a login prompt is NOT WANTED.  I want the
> system to come up running the end application.  (some backdoor method
> of logging in as root would be provided for system maintance).  The
> default application would have limited
> system access (only what it neeeds).

Greets,

There seems to be something to do this sort of thing called 'rungetty'.
I have no idea whether or not it is packaged for debian, but it appears
pretty regularly on freshmeat (http://freshmeat.net), where you can
search for it.

It's basically just a getty that runs a program instead of showing a
login prompt.

HTH,

damon

--
Damon Muller              | Did a large procession wave their torches
(damon@empire.net.au)     | As my head fell in the basket,