Re: ls-120 drives

On Mon, Oct 12, 1998 at 05:32 -0700, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
<Stuff deleted>
> havn't done so yet).  I also have yet to find a way to format floppies
> on the ls120 under linux (works under windows).  I am using the ls120

Umm, wouldn't a simple '/sbin/mkfs.ext2 /dev/hdc' do the trick (works
for
floppies under /dev/fd0 as I recall)? Or does that just assume it's a
120M
disc? Oh, I don't know...
Thats a 'high level' format.  LS120 disks come preformatted (low
level) and you can't re-lowlevel them because that is done with a
laser (they use a laser hole servo).  But dos and windows can low
level format 1.44m floppies IN AN LS120.  If I could get linux to do
that I could 86 my floppy drive an use it's interrupt for something
else.

Note that for floppies, linux has two format operations, on for low
level , and one to create the filesystem.  On dos or windows the two
operations are combined into one step.
Cheers
        Dave