Re: debianized Scanner support somewhere?

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Thomas Adams wrote:

> Is it possible to get a deb File which provides support for a scanner? I'd
> be most interested in support for the Logitech ScanMan32 Mac which is a
> handscanner which operates via a little box with a SCSI connector at one
> end and the handscanner jack at the other. Shouldn't be too hard to support
> this should it? IF there is no such driver, how would I write one myself?
> I.E. what should I read, would it be better to disassemble the Mac driver
> or snoop the SCSI bus or what?

 There's the SANE software, which is Debianized. First take a look at
http://www.mostang.com/sane, and see if the scanner's supported.

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles         (248) 377-7735          ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "One of the main reasons for the downfall of the Roman Empire was that,
  lacking zero, they had no way to indicate successful termination of
  their C programs." - Robert Firth