Re: Sound Card

In <[🔎] 361fd42c.1141302@mail.mindspring.com>, on 10/10/98
   at 09:46 PM, wb4mle@mindspring.com said:

>.
>>
>>some generic modules could be included in the installation section, but
>>the module code would have to be adjusted so that io/irq info can be
>>passed as parameters.
>>
>I must be totally missing something. I use "make menuconfig" with the
>kernel-package and have no option to set io/irq etc when making the sound
>drivers as modules. Parms must be passed to the modular drivers when
>calling unless I have missed some kind of hidden option in the "make
>menuconfig" dialog.
The parameters can be set up in "make menuconfig" if you compile the
driver into ther kernel.  If using modules, put
them in /etc/conf.modules.  Read manpages,
/usr/src/Documentation/kmod.txt (for a 2.1 kernel) and
files in /usr/src/Documentation/sound for details.

Helge Hafting
helge.hafting@daldata.no