386 mass storage

At the moment I'm running Debian 2 on a 386/33 with only 600MB of hard
disk space (400MB master, 200MB slave).

What I'm looking for is a way to allow this machine to take over as
fileserver.  The current fileserver is a 386/33 running Windows 3.11
between crashes.  It can access its 6.4GB drive only because of Ontrack
Disk Manager.

I'd like to put an external drive (about 6.4GB) on this 386.  Does anyone
have any suggestions for doing this within the parameters that the 386
must be able to make full use of the drive under Linux?

Ideas I've had include

1. Using Ontrack Disk Manager with Linux.  Can it be done?

2. Would the 386 BIOS limit of 1024 cylinders apply to a SCSI drive?

3. Does Linux have a way around this 386 BIOS and it's 1024 cylinder
limit?

Of course, I'm open to other ideas as well as feedback on my ideas.

Thanks,
Patrick