Re: HP ScanJet Plus + Debian 2.0 (fwd)

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Bedrock LAN Administrator wrote:

> DOS?  Whassat?  Winders?  Whassat?  *smirk* Seriously, though, I'm
> afraid that I can't test this scanner under either DOS or Windows,
> since I ditched all of that over a year ago (ain't it great to be
> MS-Free?  visit www.i-want-a-website.com)

 With DOSEMU .99 out, I'm almost there myself. I only keep my DOS
partitions around for a couple of games... :->

[re: hpscanpbm]
> I'll look into getting this app.  Do you know off-hand where I can get
> it?  If not, I'll do a web-search when I get a chance.  :)

 I just did a web search, it's in a lot of places (including sunsite).
If neither hpscanpbm nor SANE-talking-to-fake-SCSI-module-that-really-
speaks-parallel works, you *might* be able to find one of the special
driver cards on the web or by asking on Usenet groups. However, I think
you'd probably end up saving money & time by just getting a new, color
scanner... :-<

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles        (248) 377-7735         ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

     "Economies don't like step functions." - Dr. Leonard Bieman