Re: Magicfilter setup

Hi H C Pumphrey; unless Mutt is confused, you wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, mwb wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> > > 	I have an HP Deskjet 670c printer - what line do I need to give
> > > magicfilterconfig (the man pages don't seem to have such helpful
> > > information)?
> > >
> > You'll need to get ghostscript from the slink distribution.  This has
> > support for the 'generic' hpdj drivers, (which seams to be a better
> > driver than the dj500 driver).  Set up your printer for a dj500, then
> > edit the /etc/printcap file and dj500-filter file.  Create a
> > hp670c-filter file that uses the hpdj driver with gs instead of the
> > dj500 driver.

Sorry to butt in here, but I tried to use hpdj device in my dj500-filter for
HP dj600c printer, and am getting the following error (on the paper insteads
of the actual output from ghostview or lyx):
Unrecoverable error: rangecheck in .setdevice  Operand stack:  --nostringval--

Has anyone a word of wisdom on what am I doing wrong?
BTW, I can run dj500-filter and dj500c-filter without any problems on the same
system using same files under same applications.

TIA,
damir