Re: Magicfilter setup

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> 	I have an HP Deskjet 670c printer - what line do I need to give
> magicfilterconfig (the man pages don't seem to have such helpful
> information)?

You'll need to get ghostscript from the slink distribution.  This has
support for the 'generic' hpdj drivers, (which seams to be a better
driver than the dj500 driver).  Set up your printer for a dj500, then
edit the /etc/printcap file and dj500-filter file.  Create a
hp670c-filter file that uses the hpdj driver with gs instead of the
dj500 driver.

Mark
Blunier@concentric.net