Re: Issues in switching to Debian

It disabled writing to my floppy disk, for one thing.  The ppid points to
xdm.  In fact, in top it reports its command line value as "xdm" instead
of (what you see in ps) "-:0"... which I figure is garbage.

Not that I'm an expert, but from what I gather, it is (at least) an MBR
virus, and therefore I'd expect just about anything would detect it (I'll
borrow some Anti-virus software and try it tonight).  But what this thing
has done, if anything, to my linux partitions (and lilo, of course, has to
be shot) is the issue I see as most important right now.

--
quiet rob