upgrade to hamm/ emacs and awk problems

Hi
  I have just run autoup and dselect and my 1.1/1.3 seems to be 2.0 but
not perfect.
  dselect reported auctex and hyperlatex not installed.
  emacs reports cannot open tex-site when it begins, and cannot find
/usr/local/....../site-lisp. emacs is 19.34.
  Something made me think of looking at awk; it seems not to have been
upgraded at all. When I looked for an awk .deb package on my 2.0 cd I
could not find one. I don't know if that's related to the other problems.
  I had auctex running fine under emacs before the upgrade.
  The boot message still says 1.1. Is that supposed to change?
  Thanks for any advice.
                        Chuck Kaufman