Re: IP Masq and debian

I think for the second line you don't need to specify the -D, if you
only specify -S <x.x.x.x/x> then -D defaults to anywhere.

> >  ipfwadm -F -p deny
> >  ipfwadm -F -a m -S 192.168.1.0/2

I am not using dynamic addressing but I did write some custom scripts
that setup my ipmasq system, as the ones that came with the
distribution are not so great.

My suggestion to you is read the docs for PPP.  /etc/ppp/ip.up and
/etc/ppp/ip.down are executed when a ppp connection is
connected/disconnected.  The arguments to these scripts are the
addresses negotiated during the connection so you could setup your
ipmasq using this information easily.

Hope this helps man..