IP Masq and debian

Hi,

How am I supposed to use the ipmasq package with ppp? Is it possible?
I tried using 0.0.0.0 as the external ip address, but I received a
few error messages when booting and I couldn't telnet to the machine
anymore. I couldn't find any documentation in /usr/doc/ipmasq and the
man pages just said that there were no useful man pages. After removing
ipmasq and rebooting telnet to the machine worked fine again.

I executed the following commands to get masquerading to work manually:

  ipfwadm -F -p deny
  ipfwadm -F -a m -S 192.168.1.0/24 -D 0.0.0.0/0

After changing the default route on another system I was able to bring
up web pages through the masquerading system.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use the ipmasq package with ppp and
dynamic addresses (I assume it works ok with static addresses)? How about
suggestions on where to put ipfwadm filtering commands in the initialization
directories?

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com