Re: canīt start Netscape

Vasili Goutas Kernel Hacker wrote:

> I´m running debian Linux 2.0 and try to start Netscape, but I get the
> message
> ´can´t load library libXpm.so.4´. I have added the path to this lib in
> the environment variable LIBRARY_PATH but its still the same.
> I can´t find any readme or howtos which describes what env. variab.
> Netscape needs.
> MOZILLA_HOME is also set right.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
> Vasili
> --

	My guess is that you are trying to use a libc5 based version of
Netscape, when your Debian 2.0 system is based on libc6.
	Either install the old libc5 files from the 'oldlibs' section of
dselect's select screen, or save yourself the trouble and download the
libc6 based Netscape from their ftp site.  The libc6 versions all have
'glibc2' in their filename.  Look for the 'development' subdir in the
dir tree on ftp.netscape.com.

--
Ed C.