Re: Gnus doesn't start

"M.C. Vernon" <mcv21@cus.cam.ac.uk> writes:
| > What's the value of your NNTPSERVER environment variable? What about
| > the value of gnus-default-nntp-server in Emacs after you start gnus?
| > You can add the following to your ~/.gnus file:
|
| Hmm...NNTPSERVER isn't set :(. Where do I set it (I guess .bash_profile
| isn't much good, and won't help the rest of my users)?

If you want it global then in /etc/profile put

NNTPSERVER=servername;export NNTPSERVER

and in /etc/csh.cshrc put

setenv NNTPSERVER servername

obviously replacing "servername" with whatever is appropriate.

That should do the trick. This is for hamm, but the /etc/profile is
pretty much universal, while the global CSH file may vary.

Gary