Newbie questions

More questions from the guy who thought he had everything figured out.

1. X will not boot. It almost does, but it just exits with the error
"mouse: fd: Invalid argument" or something like that. Fine, I'll go and
reconfigure. But how? How can I run the X configure program again? (You
know, the one that tells you to select your video card etc.)

2. How can I configure LILO to give me the option to boot using my DOS
partition (/dev/hda1)? It would be nice for it to give me a menu...

Thanks a lot!
Adrian