Re: Newbie questions

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Adrian Gudas wrote:

> More questions from the guy who thought he had everything figured out.
>
> 1. X will not boot. It almost does, but it just exits with the error
> "mouse: fd: Invalid argument" or something like that. Fine, I'll go and
> reconfigure. But how? How can I run the X configure program again? (You
> know, the one that tells you to select your video card etc.)
Personally I use XF86Setup, run it as root. another option is xf86config.
All these config things have to be done as root.

> 2. How can I configure LILO to give me the option to boot using my DOS
> partition (/dev/hda1)? It would be nice for it to give me a menu...
To the best of my knowledge LILO does not do menus, if you put an
entry like

other=/dev/hda1
     label=dos
     table=/dev/hda

in /etc/lilo.conf then run lilo at the prompt it will allow you to
boot dos from the LILO: prompt by typing dos (to get a list of options
press the tab key).

Nikolai