Re: Can't drag and drop in Netscape

Michael Beattie wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, LUK ShunTim wrote:
>
> > May be I have not made myself very clear.
> > What I would like to do is something like this. After I read a web page
> > in Netscape, I would like to bookmark it. There is a "Location" icon in
> > the Netscape browser window to the left of the URL dialog box and to
> > insert a bookmark of the page in the bookmarks file, you can (or are
> > supposed to) drag it into the bookmark file open in another window. What
> > I see is that there is some animation of the dragging process but no
> > bookmark entry was added to the bookmark file. So I just wonder may be I
> > have missed to install some library to make this drag and drop work.
I have the PR2 now and also can't do what you describe.

> I drag the 'location' icon to the bookmarks menu to the left. It looks
> like it shrinks, then it opens the menu, and there is a placement bar that
> follows the mouse. one click, and the bookmark is dropped at the placement
> bar position.
It seems that dragging the "location" icon to the "bookmarks" menu also
doesn't work (4.5PR2). All I can do is simply open the `bookmarks' menu
and choose `add bookmark' (Alt-K), or if I want to add a bookmark to a
"non-default" folder - choose `file bookmark', and the required folder.
I can't see the reason why should I do it in a more complicated way.

Blazej