Re: Can't drag and drop in Netscape

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, LUK ShunTim wrote:

> Blazej Sawionek wrote:
> >
> > LUK ShunTim wrote:
> > > KDE and Netscape 4.5bPR1.
> > Sorry I don't uderstand what you are trying to do, but 4.5bPR2 is
> > already available - maybe that can help you?
> >

> Blazej,
>
> May be I have not made myself very clear.
> What I would like to do is something like this. After I read a web page
> in Netscape, I would like to bookmark it. There is a "Location" icon in
> the Netscape browser window to the left of the URL dialog box and to
> insert a bookmark of the page in the bookmarks file, you can (or are
> supposed to) drag it into the bookmark file open in another window. What
> I see is that there is some animation of the dragging process but no
> bookmark entry was added to the bookmark file. So I just wonder may be I
> have missed to install some library to make this drag and drop work.

I drag the 'location' icon to the bookmarks menu to the left. It looks
like it shrinks, then it opens the menu, and there is a placement bar that
follows the mouse. one click, and the bookmark is dropped at the placement
bar position.

HTH,

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

      WinErr: 007 System price error - Inadequate money spent on hardware