Re: Safe rm available?

*- Andy Spiegl wrote about "Safe rm available?"
| Since 'rm' can be pretty dangerous sometimes, especially to new unix users,
| I was wondering whether there is something like a "save rm" out there.
|
| With feature similar to this list:
|  - moving files to /tmp/trash instead of unlinking  (saving full path)
|  - configuration file with regexps listing files
|    + that can't be rm'ed
|    + that shouldn't be rm'ed (ask for confirmation)
|
| I didn't search the entire internet yet, but at least I couldn't find
| any debian packages.
|
| Anyone?

I am using a program called safedelete that you alias to rm.  It is not
a Debian package but is found on Sunsite.  It saves the files in a
directory in your home directory for a configurable amount of days.

>From the safedelete-1.3.lsm

Begin3
Title:          SafeDelete - safely delete and undelete files
Version:        1.3 (new release)
Entered-date:   07NOV95
                the rm command.  Files which are removed with the
                safedelete command can be recovered with the undelete
                command.  Files can be undeleted using either a command
                line or full screen ncurses interface.