Re: legality of mailing Debian CDs from US to overseas?

On Mon, 5 Oct 1998, John B. Fink wrote:

[ snip ]

 : Now -- my question is, can I get into any trouble by "exporting" CD-R of
 : Debian Linux?  I'm just sending burns of the "binary-i386.raw" images that
 : I get via rsync.  My primary worry (all of a sudden -- I guess I should've
 : thought of this beforehand but I was *pretty* sure it was okay) is strong
 : crypto and the (imho, half-asswd) U.S. munitions export laws concerning
 : crypto over 40bit.

All "strong" crypto is in the non-US section, which is not present on
the binary-i386.raw image (last time I looked).

You would almost certainly be breaking the "law" if you exported a CD
which contained non-US.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD