Re: navigator 3 binary?

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998,  Raymond A. Ingles wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Michael Stutz wrote:
>
> > Anyone know where to get a copy of the Netscape Navigator 3.x binary? They
> > took it off their ftp sites; archive.netscape.com does not allow anon ftp
> > logins.
>
>  Is there a reason why you can't use anonynous login?

I have no idea:

franz# ftp archive.netscape.com
Connected to psd1.netscape.com.
220 psd1 FTP server (Version wu-2.4(3) Tue Dec 27 17:53:56 PST 1994) ready.
Name (archive.netscape.com:m): anonymous
530 User anonymous unknown.
Login failed.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.
ftp>

But Tony Mollica pointed out on the list yesterday that username "archive"
password "oldies" works:

ftp://archive:oldies@archive.netscape.com/archive/index.html#3.04

(I grabbed the binary last night, no need to send me a copy but thanks for
the offer.)

(Still can't wait for the day when Emacs w3-mode handles images and fonts.
And is faster. It's otherwise very nice.)